Edition: English | Español Français العربية Pусский | 中文简体 中文繁体 Монгол
Homepage > World Video

Two debris confirmed from missing MH370

CCTV.com

05-13-2016 06:20 BJT

Related reading:

Two pieces of debris discovered in South Africa and the Mauritian island of Rodrigues have been confirmed by expert team as 'almost certainly' from missing Malaysia Airlines MH370, Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said.

Following a thorough examination, the expert team concluded that the two pieces of debris, an engine cowling piece with a partial Rolls-Royce logo and an interior panel piece from an aircraft cabin respectively, are consistent with panels found on a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 aircraft, Liow said on Thursday in a statement.

"As such, the team has confirmed that both pieces of debris from South Africa and Rodrigues Island are almost certainly from MH370," he said.

Malaysian and Australian authorities have confirmed earlier that two pieces of debris found in Mozambique originated from the missing flight.

Liow said the governments of Malaysia, Australia and China continue to be wholly committed to the search for MH370. More than 105,000 square-km of the 120,000 square -km search area have been completed, he added.

Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014 enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board, most of them being Chinese nationals.

A joint search effort has not yet found the main body of the aircraft in the south Indian Ocean, where it has presumably ended its journey.
 

Follow us on

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Instagram

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Wechat