Edition: English | 中文简体 | 中文繁体 Монгол
Homepage > Culture Video

Ruins of Emperor Nurhachi’s Palace to open to public

CCTV.com

06-15-2016 00:42 BJT

Culture Express returns with a trip to Shenyang, the capital of Northeast China's Liaoning Province. That city also served as the seat of government during the early Qing Dynasty, and the reign of its first emperor, Nurhachi. Now the ruins of one of the palaces where Nurhachi lived will open to the public.

The royal residence known as "Han Wang'gong" (汗王宫) was located to the north of the Shenyang Imperial Palace. Both structures were built in 1625, when Nurhachi sat on the throne. He lived there for more than a year, from March 1625 until his death in August 1626. After his passing, the site was abandoned, and the ruins were not discovered until 2012. An exhibition hall is now under construction at the site, and the ruins will open to the public after its completion in August. Meanwhile, a display dubbed 'Memories of Shengjing', which was Shenyang's name during Nurhachi's reign, has opened in the city. It features cultural relics from the early Qing Dynasty.

Follow us on

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Instagram

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Wechat