Edition: English Asia Pacific Africa Europe | Español Français العربية Pусский | 中文简体 中文繁体 Монгол
Homepage > World

Iran slams U.S., Israeli leaders over nuclear comments

Editor: zhangrui 丨Xinhua

02-17-2017 07:15 BJT

TEHRAN, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Foreign Ministry on Thursday slammed the recent comments by the U.S. and Israeli leaders against Tehran's nuclear program, Tasnim news agency reported.

The claims by the U.S. President Donald Trump and Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are "recurring and unworthy allegations" about Iran's peaceful nuclear program, Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said.

The accusations against Iran are in contradiction to multiple reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) which have confirmed the peaceful nature of Iran's nuclear activities, Qasemi said.

The nuclear arsenal of Tel Aviv is a main threat to the Middle East security and international peace, he said, adding that Israel has not been committed to any international regulations.

On Wednesday, the new U.S. president assured the visiting Israeli premier that he would not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapon to pose security challenges to Israel; and he once against referred to the Iranian nuclear deal as "the worst deal ever."

"My adminstration has already imposed new sanctions on Iran, and I will do more to prevent Iran from ever developing, I mean ever, a nuclear weapon," Trump told reporters. Netanyahu hailed Trump's comments.

Iran has dismissed the western accusations and has stressed that its nuclear program is peaceful.

Iran and six major world powers reached an agreement on the former's disputed nuclear program in July 2015, which was implemented in January last year. Based on the agreement, Iran agreed to scale back its nuclear activities to a considerable degree in return for the lift of western and international sanctions.

 

Follow us on

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Instagram

  • Please scan the QR Code to follow us on Wechat